Friday, August 6, 2010

Life is a journey...

If life is a journey, then my life has certainly been an expedition. Often I feel I've lived many lives and played many roles. Friend, wife, parent, grandparent, and professional to mention just a few. At different times and "stages" the same hats changed color, size and dimension.

I can not believe the roads I've taken. Many, many roads I never thought I would take. No matter whether the roads took me to a "happy place," or one filled with trauma and uncertainty, all roads led to today. And I could not be happier that I was led here.

I have done so many things willingly, I swore I would never do or want to doNow comes a new chapter. I don't know what I will "name" it. I probably won't name it until I reach the end of this road. In the next month my lifestyle will change, as it has so many times. My husband, I and my four dogs, will be packing up and living in an RV. We want to experience a simplicity by deliberately "downsizing" and experience different environments, most of them in the "country" mostly by a lake.

We will both continue to stay in Kansas, mostly the Wichita area, and work as usual. I  don't know what adventures lay ahead, but I know there will be new adventures and where ever they take us, I will find myself where I want to be.

I know my daughter will be shaking her head when she reads this. My 88 year old parents will likely be dismayed.  All is not going to be "completely lost," we will still have our home, at least until we sell it. At that time we can decide whether this is a lifestyle that we want to live on a more permanent basis.

I do know one thing, I never know myself as well as I thought I did. The experiences in life I thought I would never appreciate have been some of my best! The unplanned have always taken me to somewhere I never knew existed. And through all the bumps in the road, I have always, learned, grown and challenged myself. So buckle up, it will probably be a "bumpy ride!"

My blog will continue as I'd planned. Discussing, love, life, happiness, parenting, relationships and all events that affect people. In between "those blogs" I will keep everyone up to date on our life in the RV! Get a glass of champagne for me and toast our voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment